The exploitation of the café is in hands of the family Netel, being Tiel Sr and Tiel Jr. The youngest member of the family, indeed also named Tiel..is being prepared to take over the reign in the future.
In 2005 the wife of Tiel Sr and mother of Tiel Jr passed away.
The bar, dating from 1642, is a state-monument under the auspicien of the Hendrick the Keyser foundation. The interior, including an old escaperoute for the Paaps, has changed marginally over the years and we dare say that the bar for sure has hold his authenticy!
The corner of the Prinsengracht and the Brouwersgracht is widely used as a startingpoint for a tour of the well known Jordaan in which the café itself features prominently!
In front of the café there is a small jetty where one can ''park'' their boat and go for some refereshment at the café.
Information about renting the solex-scooters or boat can be aquired at the bar. At the bar one is also able to acquire a map with a sight seeing tour.